Water is one of the most important natural deposit and has to be must be managed economically. This can be done by using a digital water meter so that we can able to get the actual flow consumption through the digital flow meter and able to generate the accurate water consumption bill for every household. When no bill was paid we can automatically stop the water connection also. Thus, this project will help us to do effective water conservation.
Keywords – IOT, Turbidity Sensor, ESP8266, Hall Effect Sensor
The internet has become a requirement for the world community. With the internet, people can communicate with each other very easily and quickly. With internet people from different continent easily can interact with people from another continent . The internet is not just connecting people but things can also communicate with other objects. That concept is called an Internet of Things. The concept of connecting the whole thing through wireless generation sums up IOT. Correct flow measurement is an essential step both in the terms of qualitative and monetary factors of view. Water metering is particularly important for water suppliers since it forms the basis for much of their income through the sale of water to their consumers many nations presently lack right water meter manipulate, with many bulk water providers not having the potential to undertake and control most reliable and incorporated meter calibration, replacement and data management systems .
Conserving water is becoming increasingly important in the world as it faces a widening gap between ever reducing water supplies due to climate change, inefficiencies in agriculture, poor water governance, industrialization, urbanization and increased demand from population growth. It results in many environmental, political, economic, and social forces. There are number of major predictions that III world war might happen because of water. Almost everyone started saying that “if you couldn’t measure, you couldn’t control”. So, what exactly happening to the customer is where the associated water bill is managed to linked to the volume consumed, rather than a flat rate or a fee based on the size of property serviced . So, the one who is not using the water most of time have to pay the same amount that of the person using the water at max. This project solves the existing problem economically and efficiently.
Here we are going to introduce a virtual water meter. So that we can able to get the flow rate of each inlet through the digital flow meter and can able to generate the accurate water consumption bill. And, it has a special advantage of leakage detection, open tap detection, and no flow detection together with a message to the phone as an alert mechanism can jointly do live monitoring along with water quality monitoring. A Hall Effect Water Flow Meter Sensor is used to count the pulses generated during the flow of water as 0\'s and 1\'s. During the water flow, it generates pulses. This pulse is counted to know how many liters of water is used. Here, we are using a 3/4-inch pipe so after 170 pulses are generated, we count it as 1 liter of water is used.
Fig.1 Block Diagram of System\nIn this additionally we are having leakage detection and alert mechanism that detects cause like open tap or no flow through it and gives an alarm with a message as an alert mechanism. This is possible by a mobile application which can accessed by the user. Thus, this use is uploaded with user number so that when there is a leakage or open taps, or no flow detected it sends the message through the number . Hence when the LPM is detected to be more than 3 and thus it further shows 1 under alphabet “O” to indicate open tap in LCD. When the LPM is less than 1.5 it is detected to be leakage and 1 is shown under the alphabet “L”. When the LPM is detected to be 0 or not able to get the pulses then it is found to have problem in the sensor or found that sensor is not working. Hence 1 is displayed under alphabet “N” to indicate that sensor is not working. In the local host page, we have allowed to disconnect connection, this is done by a solenoid valve with a driver circuit and relay. The driver circuit is to give input to the relay which open or close the solenoid valve based on the connection selected from the webpage by the user. The solenoid valve used is 12-48 v DC to 110- 220 v DC. \n\n
It is a Wi-Fi module which can connect to internet via hotspot by using its SSID and Password. It can be programmed to implement logic statements as per requirement of the project. The supersonic detector reads the space of water surface and returns it to ESP. The ESP, once connected to net, uploads this worth to the cloud information . Also it retrieves some values from the database which are set by user in the android application. Accordingly, the functioning of motor depends upon the current water level and the maximum and minimum values.
Hall effect Water Flow Sensor
The sensor consists of three wires by counting the pulses from the output of the sensor, you can easily calculate water flow and measures what proportion of liquid has moved through it and produces electrical pulse with every revolution. The hall effect sensor is sealed from the hookah and allows the sensor to remain safe and dry.
Water flows between the two projections of the transparent plastic can. It contains photo transistor and the photodiode respectively. The phototransistor emits light rays that are supposed to reach the photodiode. These lightweight rays stumble upon the water flow and lose their path after they meet any suspended particle within the water. As a result, the sunshine received at the photodiode is a smaller amount in amplitude in comparison to it once it absolutely was emitted . This difference in amount of light sent and received is conveyed to the micro controller operating the sensor and decisions are taken in accordance to that.
Water management by a fair billing process is one of the technique the simulation of the project that is been done in proteus simulation tool. First we should run the xampp server to get our local database ready then after running the code in the IDE we can start our application in any of the installed web browser. Initially the user needs to sign in to create an account so that his details can be monitored separately then he can login or signup using the page as shown in figure 2 Fig 2 sign up page for User.
When there is ordinary flow “No Alerts” is shown in the internet page . “No flow Alert” is shown when the sensor is not working . Leakage Alert” when there is open tap is generated as shown in the figure 3 Fig 3 Leakage alert Generation And the same thing happens for the open tap alert generation. The graph get generated according to the usage daily and monthly as shown in the figure 4 Fig 4 Daily Graph according to the usuage\nWhen there is any Alert automatic message alert is generated and sent to the user and he gets messages on mobile phone as shown in the figure 5\n\n Fig 5 Text Message to user mobile phone.
Thus, by using this idea, we can able to reduce the unnecessary use of water along with a reduction of leakage cause. Hence forth water metering is effective and efficient thus can prevent India from scarcity of water. So, in the final analysis, we will be able to save freshwater for future generation. Hence this system proves to be more affordable and economical to all citizens of India.
- Jinane Harmouche and Sriram Narasimhan (2019), “Long-term monitoring for leaks in water distribution networks using association rules mining”, pp. 1551-3203.
- Stefano Paolo Corgnati, Massimo Mitolo , Senior Member, IEEE, Lara Orlietti, and Michele Tartaglia, Senior Member, IEEE , “Energy Savings in Integrated Urban Water Systems: A Case Study”, Vol. 53, No. 6, November/December 2017
- Joonas Koponen, Vesa Ruuskanen, Antti Kosonen, Markku Niemel¨a, and Jero Ahola (2018) , “Effect of Converter Topology on the Speciﬁc Energy Consumption of Alkaline
- C. C. Chen, C. L. Cheng, K. Yeh, M. H. Cheng, J. K. Huang, and P.W. Hung (2018), “Characterization of New Method for CMP Dresser to Saving Ultrapure Water Consumption”, pp. 0894-6507
- Guilin Zheng, Senior Member, IEEE, and Qi Huang , “Energy Optimization Study of Rural Deep Well Two-Stage Water Supply Pumping Station”, pp. 1063-6536
- Giménez-Gómez, R. Escudé-Pujol, C. Jiménez-Jorquera and M. Gutiérrez-Capitán (2015), “Multisensor portable meter for environmental applications” , pp. 1530-437X
- Christopher Schantz, John Donnal, Brian Sennett, Mark Gillman, Sean Muller, and Steven Leeb, “Water Nonintrusive Load Monitoring”, Ieee Sensors Journal, Vol. 15, No. 4, April 2015
- Shih-Chang Hsia, Member, IEEE, Ming-Hwa Sheu, Member, IEEE, And Yu-Jui Chang, “Arrow-Pointer Sensor Design For Low-Cost Water Meter”, Ieee Sensors Journal, Vol. 13, No. 4, April 2013
- Chuan Pham, Nguyen H. Tran, Shaolei Ren, Choong Seon Hong†, Kim Khoa Nguyen, Mohamed Cheriet (2018), “Joint Energy Scheduling and Water Saving in Geo- Distributed Mixed-Use Buildings” , pp. 1949-3053
- Huang Qingbo, Wang Jianzhong ’Wireless Sensor Networks Routing Protocol for Water Environment Monitoring” 0-7695-2616-0/06 2006 IEEE
- Web Based Water Quality Monitoring with Sensor Network: Employing ZigBee and WiMax Technologies” by Steven Silva, Hoang N ghia Nguyen , Valentina Tiporlini and Kamal Alameh, 978-1-4577-11695/11/26.00
- F.Akyildizlan, SuWeilian, Sankarasubramaniam Yogesh ”A Survey on Sensor Networks” 0163-6804/02, 2002 IEEE
- S. Jatmiko, A. B. Mutiara and M. Indriati, \"Prototype of Water Level Detection System With Wireless,\" pp. 5259, 2012
- Lee. Young-Woo, Eun. Seongbae, Oh. Seung-Hyueb, “Wireless digital water meter with low power consumption for automatic meter reading”,Proceedings - 2008 International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, ICHIT 2008, p 639-645, 2008.
- R. Cardell-Oliver, \"Discovering water use activities for smart metering,\" in Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, 2013 IEEE Eighth International Conference on, April 2013, pp. 171-176.